Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
The Office of the Chief Information Officer is responsible for department-wide coordination of data management and information technology activities. It provides data integration, management, architecture and governance on behalf of the department as well as application development and information technology support for multiple divisions.
The Office is fundamentally changing the way in which information technology services are provided through the use of a business-centric, model-driven approach to information management. The Office has published the DBHIDS Data Governance Framework, consisting of both a strategic plan and an implementation plan. The Office coordinates activities around Web 2.0 collaboration and communications. It leads the efforts of the DBHIDS Data Stewardship Council and participates on the DBHIDS Data Governance Executive Board. It serves as the Data Governance Office for the department.
The key units within the Office of the Chief Information Officer include:
- Enterprise Data Management Office – the EDM Office is led by Dan Paolini, Chief Information Officer. It includes the Data Integration, Data Architecture, and Business Intelligence units which are responsible for logical data modeling, business glossary management, master data management, data warehousing and business intelligence reporting.
- Data Architecture Unit – this team is led by Minky Kernacs, DBHIDS Enterprise Data Architect. It develops data standards and practices, coordinates reviews of data-related projects, supervises master data management, creates logical data models and documents reusable data assets.
- Data Integration Unit – this team is led by Jennifer Li, DBHIDS Data Integration Director. It manages the master data and data warehouse integration and verifies the quality of department data used for reporting and analysis.
- Business Intelligence Unit – this team is led by Barbara Bunkle, Ph.D., DBHIDS Business Intelligence Director. It is responsible for implementing self-service tabular, KPI and spatial reporting and analysis solutions.
- IT Coordination – the IT Coordination unit is responsible for planning and coordination of all IT initiatives, department Web 2.0 initiatives and department Information Security. Hillary Shayne is the DBHIDS IT Planning Coordinator. Phil Rohrbach serves as the DBHIDS Network Security Coordinator.
- Performance Evaluation, Analytics and Research (PEAR) Unit – PEAR is led by Suet Lim, Ph.D., Director of PEAR. It provides research-informed analysis of services provided by the department. The unit monitors, documents and reports on quality management activities to achieve full compliance with the HealthChoices contract and Certified Utilization Review Entity Certification requirements. It also is responsible for the DBHIDS Pay for Performance (P4P) data analytics.
- RIM/IT – the Research and Information Management/Information Technology unit provides application development and IT support services to the Divisions of Behavioral Health Services and Intellectual disAbility Services as well as the strategic planning, finance and administration units. It manages department-wide platforms and infrastructure. It provides IT and data warehousing help desk services.
- DBHIDS Data Governance Framework Strategic Plan
- DBHIDS Data Governance Framework Implementation Plan
- DBHIDS Web 2.0 Strategic Plan
- DBHIDS Business Glossary (Coming Soon)